QFX imports

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Mon, 27 May 2002 13:42:52 -0400

On May 27, 2002 09:56 am, Ted Gervais wrote:
> On Friday 17 May 2002 14:49, Chris Lyttle wrote:
>
> Hello Chris and others on the list.
>
> Do you know Chris, if the people at gnucash have any intention of making it
> possible to IMPORT any other kind of files other than .QIF.  My bank
> recently changed from offering QIF to QFX, which apparently is just an
> update of what they were using before.  So it appears that QIF files are
> something from the past.
>
> I could be wrong on all that but basically I am wondering if GNUCASH has
> anything in the works for change to make it possible to import anything
> other than just plain QIF files.

Yes there is.  I am working on OFX support (QFX files are OFX response files)
and Christian Stimings is working on HBCI support.  Both should be in gnucash
1.8

In the meantime, if compiling from source does not bother you, you can use my
libofx library to convert your QFX files to QIF, they should then import in
gnucash. http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/libofx/

Have a nice day

--
Benoit Grégoire