how to handle new wife's earnings.

waxmop@gtcinternet.com waxmop@gtcinternet.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 20:02:41 -0400

I'm getting married soon, and I'd like to figure out how to process my
wife's earnings + expenses + misc in GnuCash.

I've got 2 ideas:

1.  I give her a login id on the linux box and she starts up her own
GnuCash account.  I later create a 3rd account tree that merges mine and
hers into one "family account".

2.  I create a series of new accounts under the existing tree and just do
it all myself.

I'd much rather do option 1, but I have no idea whether this is possible. Also, there might already be a better way of doing this.  Stereotypes aside, I'm sure that there's a few married GnuCash users - I'd be interested in seeing how they handle their situations.

Keep on rocking in the free world.