Entering transactions more quickly

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:05:47 -0800 (PST)

On 5 Nov 2002, Conrad Canterford wrote:

> Actually, it fills in the most recent transaction of that description,
> searching "up" the register in date order. This can be a little
> frustrating if you're entering stuff out of order, but none of us would
> ever do that, now, would we...  :-)

Conrad,

  I do. I don't always get the debit cards entered before the next
che[ck|que], so they do get out of order.

  What I've seen is that gnucash rearranges the order of entered records,
too. It takes, on occasion, two transactions on the same date and enter them
in reverse transaction number order. Shrug.

Thanks again,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)