probs with gnome-print

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
07 Nov 2002 22:50:14 -0600

--=-7lmrnTqHXOMC4xqMnEx9

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 11:47, Poldi Winkler wrote:
> Hello,
> after a new installation of gnucash 1.6.8 with Guppi-0.40.3-214, and
> gnome-print I have got problems with report, aktiva and passiva and
> price diagram. After I use options an push ok, gnucash will be
> closed/crashed.
> The message I got on the console:
> "GdK-Warning : Missing charsets in Fontset creation
> GdK-Warning : ISO8859-15
> ** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 188 (gnome_font_new): assertion
> `face !=3D NULL' failed.
> I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
> In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with
> your installed version of gnome-print."
> Now I have changed gnome-print (from 0.36 to 0.34, 0.32)  but the
> problem is the same.
> Can anybody tell me, what is the combination of gnucash 1.6.8, Guppi and
> gnome-print or can I solve the problem in another way.
> I have also changed the style in gnucash,setting, preferences and style
> of the report - no change of the problem.
> Thanks in advance!
> Rgds Poldi=20
>=20

Does you X setup use a font server (e.g., xfs).  If so, is it running?=20
Do you have the ISO8859-15 fonts installed and in your font path?  There
are many different variables.  I'm not sure which font it's looking for,
but you'll want to make sure you have everything.  Also, make sure your
LANG environment variable is set correctly, perhaps en_DE for German.

Hope that helps.  System problems like that are a pain on any OS. :(

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-7lmrnTqHXOMC4xqMnEx9

--=-7lmrnTqHXOMC4xqMnEx9--