[Fwd: Export *To* QuickBooks?]

Matthew Bogosian mattb@columbia.edu
23 Nov 2002 19:14:30 -0800

--=-mWpoR3Q+GG/qox0nUMtx

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 19:09, Jon Winters wrote:
> Robin Smith wrote:
> > Hi Jon,
> > Can you help this guy?
>=20
> My advice would be to export to QIF and then find a friend with a laptop=
=20
> and Quickbooks who would do the conversion from QIF to Quickbooks native=
=20
> format.
>=20
> On second thought... I might just find another accountant.  If he is to=
=20
> lazy to import QIF files where else is he cutting corners?

I thought of this route, but I'm not sure if it's a matter of laziness.
I have QuickBooks myself, and *I* can't figure out how to import QIF
files.... :)

Does GnuCash support direct export to QIF, or do I have to keep using
the jimmied-up java program?

Thanks for your comments, I do appreciate them.

> >=20
> >=20
> > Subject:
> > Export *To* QuickBooks?
> > From:
> > Matthew Bogosian <mattb@columbia.edu>
> > Date:
> > 23 Nov 2002 13:24:26 -0800
> > To:
> > gnucash-user@lists.gnucash.org
> >=20
> >=20
> > I have a problem which I can't believe is unique, yet there doesn't seem
> > to be much discussion on the mailing lists....
> >=20
> > My accountant accepts QuickBooks files from their clients. I can send
> > them a bunch of paper reports from GnuCash, but I'd much rather just
> > send them QuickBooks files to save paper and cut down on human error.
> >=20
> > Is there an accepted method for exporting data from GnuCash to
> > Quicken/QuickBooks/CSV/etc.? I've been experimenting with GnuCashToQIF
> > <http://gnucashtoqif.sourceforge.net/>, but that only exports QIF files.
> > I am not that familiar with QuickBooks, but in my attempts to use
> > version 2002, it doesn't seem to be happy importing QIF files.
> >=20
> > Has anyone already solved this problem? Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >=20
--=20
Please do not sell or give away my information.

--=-mWpoR3Q+GG/qox0nUMtx

--=-mWpoR3Q+GG/qox0nUMtx--