HBCI in the UK?

Nigel Titley nigel@titley.com
15 Oct 2002 17:31:31 +0100

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 09:37, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Nigel Titley wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of any banks offering (or likely to offer) HBCI in the UK.
> >
> > I can confirm that the Royal Bank of Scotland will *not* be offering it
> > in the near future (just got a letter back from their Internet Banking
> > people).
>
> This is interesting. HBCI was introduced by German banks exclusively,
> and so far is implemented by approx. half of all German banks. I haven't
> heard of banks in any other country before -- but maybe you can tell me
> more: Has there been some talk about HBCI in the UK? This would be very
> interesting to know about.

No, I basically took a punt at my bank and asked them when they would be
implementing HBCI..... just to see if I got a sensible response. If
nothing else, then it might raise the visibility. Looking at the HBCI
standard, it looks like something useful for other countries than
Germany to use as well.

The response I got was not really very encouraging. They said they had
no plans to implement it.

I may well try polling other banks to see what happens.

Nigel