How to do this ?

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
25 Oct 2002 18:12:47 -0500

--=-AggU0UNhDbZcFCMPXune

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 10:43, Frederic LESPEZ wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have just started to use Gnucash.
> But I don't understand how i can manage the following situation under
> Gnucash :
> I have a checking account and a savings account.
> My Girlfriend has also two accounts.
> And we have two joint accounts
> Thatis to say :
> Assets
> |-Current Assets
> |  |-My accounts
> |  |  |- Checking account
> |  |  |- Savings account
> |  |
> |  |-My Girlfriend account
> |  |  |- Checking account
> |  |  |- Savings account
> |  |
> |  |-Joint accounts
> |  |  |- Checking account
> |  |  |- Savings account
> |  |
>=20
> How can I do the following : Keep track of what amout of money each one
> has used for shared expenses (flat rent, food, electricity bills, phone
> bills, etc.).
> We can contribute to shared expenses by using our accounts to pay bills
> for example, or transfering money from our acounts to one af the joint
> accounts.
>=20
> I really don't know how to do this. So any advice will be welcomed !
>=20

Doug's suggestion is probably easiest to track, supposing your
girlfriend goes for it. Otherwise, the "Find Transactions" dialog may be
of some use.  You can find transactions that affect multiple accounts,
etc.  It's quite handy, actually.  It lives under the Tools menu in
1.6.x.
=20
--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-AggU0UNhDbZcFCMPXune

--=-AggU0UNhDbZcFCMPXune--