Problem with splits

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
03 Sep 2002 23:36:30 -0700

--=-vr3fYKGsa2pa0gQ6TtW4

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 18:54, Laurent Duperval wrote:
> I find some annoying behaviour with splits. Say I enter an amount of
> 100.00 then press the split button. Two lines appear, one for removing
> 100 and another for adding 100 in a different account. If I modify the
> value of the second line (the on to add to a different account), the
> first line is changed automatically to that value, instead of my having
> a new line containing the difference between what I entered and what
> isnt in the split yet. So when I type 100 then split, I get this:
>=20
>=20
> Any ideas why that happens? It's real annoying.

Nope, but its a bug. Its filed as bug 92273 at bugzilla.gnome.org and is
awaiting my attention.

I assume that the register window is simply trying to be helpful and
keep the two splits in balance.  This is the correct behavior when in
non-split mode, but the wrong behavior in split mode.  I'll be
investigating as soon as I can find some time to work on gnucash.

David

--=-vr3fYKGsa2pa0gQ6TtW4

--=-vr3fYKGsa2pa0gQ6TtW4--