Problem with splits

Laurent Duperval lduperval@videotron.ca
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I find some annoying behaviour with splits. Say I enter an amount of
100.00 then press the split button. Two lines appear, one for removing
100 and another for adding 100 in a different account. If I modify the
value of the second line (the on to add to a different account), the
first line is changed automatically to that value, instead of my having
a new line containing the difference between what I entered and what
isnt in the split yet. So when I type 100 then split, I get this:

Foo Foo  0       100.00
------------------
Foo Foo  0       100.00
         100.00  0

Then if I cahnge the Bar line, I get

Foo Foo  0       70.00
------------------
Foo Foo  0       70.00
Bar Bar  70.00   0

instead of

Foo Foo  0       100.00
------------------
Foo Foo  0       100.00
Bar Bar  70.00   0
         30.00

Any ideas why that happens? It's real annoying.

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@videotron.ca>

"In Europe, do you think Miles Davis is known as Kilometers Davis?  Thank
you."
	-- Stephen Wright's complete standup routine on
       _The_Late_Show_ with David Letterman, Aug. 29 1994
                                                          -