Error on opening account

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
16 Sep 2002 23:53:32 -0500

--=-I7O4oN+2MW87VvFTM91e

Another poster had the same issue on Friday.  Look at the mail list
archive.  It appears to be a mis-built rpm.  Several libraries are
missing from it according to the file list from the rpm.  Here's what
you have:

me2v@reliant me2v $ rpm -qlp gnucash-1.6.7-1mdk.i586.rpm  | grep lib
/usr/lib/menu/gnucash
/usr/share/gnucash/scm/slib-backup.scm

Here's what I have:

me2v@reliant me2v $ rpm -ql gnucash | grep lib | grep -v postgres
/usr/lib/libgncengine.a
/usr/lib/libgncengine.la
/usr/lib/libgncengine.so
/usr/lib/libgncengine.so.1
/usr/lib/libgncengine.so.1.1.3
/usr/share/gnucash/scm/slib-backup.scm

The libgncengine.so* libraries are the important ones.

You should contact your distribution, or the rpm packager, about the
missing files.  Alternatively, you could get the src rpm, edit the spec
file, and rebuild the rpm...

In the meantime, upgrading to 1.6.8, or back-leveling to your previous
version, may provide a more immediate solution.

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 08:27, Laura Conrad wrote:
>=20
> When I try to open an account, gnucash crashes and says:
>=20
> gnucash: relocation error: gnucash: undefined symbol: xaccAccountGetPlace=
holder
>=20
> I think I upgraded (via Mandrake RPM) between when this didn't happen
> and when it does.  I'm now running gnucash-1.6.7-1mdk.
>=20
> I've tried the check and repair option, and that doesn't seem to help
> any.
>=20
> Can anyone think of a workaround?
>=20
> --=20
> Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
> (617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574=20
> 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-I7O4oN+2MW87VvFTM91e

--=-I7O4oN+2MW87VvFTM91e--