Error on opening account

Laura Conrad lconrad@laymusic.org
17 Sep 2002 09:53:40 -0400

    Matthew> In the meantime, upgrading to 1.6.8, or back-leveling to
    Matthew> your previous version, may provide a more immediate
    Matthew> solution.

I tried back-leveling; now it's having python problems.  I use python
all the time, so my environment variables are set so that I can say:

        python
                import os

and not get any error messages.

But when I run gnucash-1.6.2-3mdk, I get:

Fatal Python error: couldn't import os

I'm running python-2.2.1-1mdk.

I have tried building gnucash from source before and failed.   This
time, I managed to install enough stuff to get past my previous error,
so now it's saying:

checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... did not find any version
configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version

I have lots of gnome stuff installed, including gnome-print-0.35-2mdk
and libgnomeprint15-0.35-2mdk.  Google and rpmfind don't enlighten me
on where GNOME-PRINT should be in mandrake 8.2.  This may be because
they're finding gnome-print, and I can't figure out how to make them
case-sensitive.

Is it really true that debian users don't have to do any of this?  Is
there a program on linux that does split transactions that doesn't
require this?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574