Check Printing Feature

Greg Woods greg@gregandeva.net
27 Sep 2002 11:06:27 -0600

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 10:23, Charles M. Gajan wrote:
> I was using the VersaCheck program to print checks (without magnetic
> ink) that I then used with Quicken.  I never had a problem with bank
> accepting those checks.

That's exactly what I did prior to converting to GnuCash, but my credit
union said they were going to have to start charging me for
hand-entering the checks if I kept using them.

I later bought another set of preprinted checks that include the routing
info, preprinted with the requisite magnetic ink. Those scanned fine at
the credit union and I've been using them with GnuCash. The only problem
I've got is the hassle of having to enter the custom format every time.
When I have more than one check to print at a time, I usually just end
up writing them by hand because it takes too long to click three tabs
and enter 9 numbers for every &*#*@ check.

--Greg