UK pound signs

Trevor Barton tmb at isotek.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 12:37:02 CDT 2003

Aldous Everard wrote:
> I am using Gnucash 1.8.1 on Redhat 9.  The pound signs are shown on the
> screen as having an "A" with a small accent directly over it, a bit like
> this one ^.  This also comes out when I print from the program.  Does
> anyone else find this to be the case, and has anyone removed them.  If
> so I would appreciate a description of how.

You might find it's something to do with the rather abysmal fonts in RH9.  I
changed my standard fonts by editing /etc/sysconfig/i18n to lool like:

LANG="en_GB.iso885915"
SUPPORTED="en_GB.iso885915:en_GB:en:en_US.iso885915:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="lat0-08"
SYSFONTACM="iso15"

and I get pound signs.  I don't know if this really is your problem, because I
did this early on to get acroread to work among other things, and it also mostly
fixes the horrible gnome-terminal fonts.

--
Trevor Barton
Isotek Electronics Ltd., 9 Clayton Wood Bank, Leeds, LS16 6QZ, UK.