Command line reports?

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 10:53:41 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 09:38, Jon Lapham wrote:
> Tony Bloomfield wrote:
> > Otherwise, I could run the Account Summary report manually (from within the
> > GUI), but then the only possibility seems to be to save it as an HTML file,
> > which makes programmatic analysis less than trivial. A straight text file
> > would be much preferable. Any ideas?
> > (Hoping I'm not missing something obvious here!)
>
> Ah, yes, interacting with external applications.  Export to tab
> delimited files, OpenOffice spreadsheets, etc, etc.  All highly
> requested features, and none supported as of yet.  I think this
> questions is yet another FAQ candidate...

It'd be a fairly trivial (albeit possibly tedious) task to create a
stylesheet to convert the Gnucash XML file into another format.  There
are some pretty decent XSLT/XPath engines available on Linux.  As a
thought, it probably makes sense to never drop the XML file capability,
because you can save to XML, transform the (e.g.) OpenOffice Calc, or
whatever, using XSLT...

If someone wanted to begin working on an XSLT stylesheet, I bet it would
be well received....

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.