upgrade question

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri Aug 8 20:40:35 CDT 2003

> ok, I understand that I need gnome 1.4 development environment in order to
> do this.  What's the best way to get that?  And to ensure it doesn't cause
> me problems elsewhere.  I have Mandrake 9.1.
>
> I've been looking around and haven't had much success - everything is 2.2
> or 2.3

Well, the easiest way to get started is to first install mandrake's rpm of
gnucash using rpmdrake or urpmi.  This will pull in all the runtime
dependencies.

Then look in gnucash's README, ALL the direct dependencies are listed.  Make
sure to install all the *-devel rpms of those packages.

Then it SHOULD work, but we all know how computers are...

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/