Fwd: Re: upgrade question

Jim jstead1 at twcny.rr.com
Sat Aug 9 22:35:01 CDT 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 04:31 pm, Phil wrote:
> Ok, I found most of what I need.
>
> libtool-devel -- this one was difficult to find so here's where I found it:
>  http://rpmfind.rediris.es/rpm2html/mandrake9.1/libltd13-devel-1.4.3-
> 1mdk.i586.html
>
> I also installed libglib1.2-devel-1.2.10, libg-wrap-devel-1.3.4,
> libgnome32-devel-1.4.2, libxml-devel-1.8.17, popt-devel-1.6.4, libgdk-
> pixbuf-xlib2-0.22.0, & libgdk-pixbuf2-devel-0.22.0
>
> I still have an error, though, when running ./configure:
>
> --#checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.2.5... yes
> --#checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gnome-config
> --#checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... did not find any version
> --#configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version
>
> gnome-print-0.37-2mdk is installed.  Is this too recent?
>
> Phil
>

> On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:24:09 -0400, Benoit Grégoire <bock at step.polymtl.ca>
>
> wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 August 2003 11:43, you wrote:
> >> I entered --#[phil at basement-linux gnucash-1.8.4]$ ./configure
> >>
> >> and got this error:
> >>
> >> --#checking for ltdl.h... no
> >> --#configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h -- libtool-devel not installed?
> >>
> >> I do have libtool installed (installed with rpm-build,) so I did urpmf
> >> --
> >>

> >> provides:
> >>
> >> --#[root at basement-linux phil]# urpmf --provides libtool
> >> --#libtool:libtool[== 1.4.3-1mdk]
> >> --#libltdl3-devel:libtool-devel
> >>
> >> Do you know what I've got wrong?
> >
> > You need BOTH libtool and libtool-devel.
> >
> >> Will libgnucash0-devel-1.8.1 provide the necessary gnome libs?  I
> >> haven't
> >> yet been able to figure out what to install.  I decided to take the
> >> brute
> >> force approach and handle each error as it comes up.
> >
> > No, it won't.

I installed gnucash 1.8.4 on mandrake 9.1

Basically, I did the ./configure and make then, for the errors it spits out I
install RPMs.  But I only used urpmi to install the packages.  I did not have
to go to RPMfind.  I was able to get all the packages I needed through URPMI
on either the mandrake 9.1 site, contribs, or Texstar's repository.
The libltdl3-devel-1.4.3-1mdk.i586.rpm for instance is in mandrakes 9.1
package.  No need to go to rpmfind.  It's probably on the CD also.

When you are using urpmi, you can search for specific files, and get the rpm
that contains them, you can search for parts of names for rpm's, or something
in the description of the rpm.  It really helped me when installing gnucash
on mandrake.

I did an install of gnucash on prior versions of mandrake when I didn't use
urpmi, and it was a lot harder than with urpmi.  So to any who is planning to
do this, I would definitely set up my urpmi sources and then go about
installing gnucash.
--
Jim