State of the GnuCash project: A call for help

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 11 20:59:35 CDT 2003

Carl B. Constantine wrote:

>I look forward to such a report. One of the areas I'm very interested in
>is Taxes and Invoicing (for business). Here in Canada, many provinces
>have dual taxes (Alberta being the main exception). The federal
>Government Services Tax (G.S.T.) and then provincial sales tax (P.S.T.).
>The law states that these taxes must be shown separately on invoices,

And let's not forget that in Quebec, taxes are applied to the GST. So a
10$ item, in  fact costs 10$+7% => 10.70$ for the GST and then
10.70$+7.5% for the PST, for a total of 11.56$. Isn't that wonderful!

I dropped a previous business accounting package because it couldn't
deal with compounded taxes. I'm hoping I won't have that problem when I
try to use GC for the same purposes (Real Soon Now).

<Laurent Duperval> lduperval at videotron.ca

"For every bug fixed, there is a bigger bug not yet discovered."