User willing to help

Chris Horn irrationality at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 02:43:17 CDT 2003

Greetings.  It's late and I need to go to bed, but I just read your call for
help.  As a grateful user of GNUCash, I can't help but sign up to the mailing
list and provide some basic technical support.

I'd be dead in the water without GNUCash, as I fully migrated from Quicken a
year or so ago (when GNUCash stopped crashing during the import of my data).
For a while I was actually dual-booting into Win98 just to use Quicken.  With
GNUCash I've been able to reclaim that wasted disk space and truly move 100%
over to linux (before it was 99%, but what an annoying 1% it was).

I'm by no means a GNUCash guru, but have been using linux for close to five
years and should be able to help with simple things like importing data (I've
only done it once, really) and actually using the software (as I use it
regularly).

Later on if I'm feeling ambitious, I may help out with some documentation, but
for now I'll stick with trying to offload newbie questions on the mailing
list from the really important guys - the developers.

Cheers.
chris.