Programming Language (was: State of the GnuCash project: Acall for help)

Aaron aaron at justaaron.com
Tue Aug 12 05:57:07 CDT 2003

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:
> Personally I would love to do the GUI programming in some higher-level
> language (scheme with gnome-guile, python with python-gtk, C++ with
> gtkmm). Maybe the modular system organisation would make it possible
> some day to have some modules written in languages other than C. But
> setting things up correctly will be a major headache, not to mention the
> additional dependencies etc. -- so for the time being I will just
> continue to do OO-programming in C.

Well, some consider rewriting code to be a sin, but since you bring it
up, my fantasy movie would star Mozilla as the GC GUI (cross-platform),
backed by C/C++ XPCOM components for functionality.  Mozilla Application
GUIs are built with JavaScript, CSS and XUL (an XML language), languages
that are familiar to lots.

But that would be a sin.

--
Aaron