wiki again (was: I'll volunteer to help...)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Aug 13 11:24:05 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham schrieb:

>>> The FAQ is here:
>>> http://www.jandr.org/temp/gnucashdocs/appendixb.html
>
> Well, I don't think we really have maintainers, in the usual sense, for
> parts of the documentation.  If Michael wants to add/edit FAQs, he (or
> anyone else) would be appreciated and welcomed.
>
> However, I am a believer in Keep It Simple, and I see no reason why the
> FAQ should be a separate document.
>
> Oh, and one day all these documents will sit on gnucash.org.

I agree with Jon in that the help document in gnucash-docs should
contain a FAQ section. However, this is no contradiction to having
another FAQ document somewhere else, which might contain even more
questions and/or questions which have not yet been sufficiently answered.

I just added some more FAQ and a section "Help needed from
non-programmers" in the wiki page,
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCash . I especially wanted to
write down the latter section because I thought these particular
slashdot comments were really good and I didn't want to forget about them.

Jon, if you think some questions are more appropriately answered in the
gnucash-docs document, you can even replace the wiki's Answer paragraph
with a link saying "the answer is in gnucash-docs help [insert hyperlink
here]".

Christian