VAT

Aldous Everard aldous at hypercubesystems.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 15:37:09 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 13:18, Zeno R.R. Davatz wrote:
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> What I did not find out so far is, how I can sum up all my different expense accounts that have VAT and then extract only the VAT I have to pay to my government?
>
> TIA
> Zeno

Ah, yes, the UK VAT return box numbers are:

1 - VAT due in this period on sales and other outputs
2 - VAT due in this period on aquisitions from other EC Member States
3 - Total VAT due (sum of boxes 1 and 2)
4 - VAT reclaimed in this period on purchases and other inputs (inc.
aquis. from the EC)
5 - Net VAT to be paid to Customs or reclaimed by you (Diff. between
boxes 3 and 4)

6 - Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT.
Include your box 8 figure
7 - Total value of purchases and all other inputs excluding any VAT.
Include your box 9 figure
8 - Total value of all supplies of goods and related services, excluding
any VAT, to other EC Member States
9 - Total value of all aquisitions of goods and related services,
excluding any VAT, to other EC Member States

phew, that should tie it together hopefully.  The answer to your
question is box 5

Aldous