State of the GnuCash project: A call for help

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 11 23:50:01 CDT 2003

Daniel Hannum <dhannum at magicdan.net> writes:

> Anyway, that's where I am. I'd love to get involved, but I'm trying to
> find my legs in a project as large as this and manage my time out of
> work appropriately as well. I, too, know nothing about Guile, so I'm
> trying to fix bugs behind the scenes.

luckily guile isn't used much..  It's used for reports and in a few
other places (IMHO it's used too much in some places and not enough
in others).  Keep in mind: no buffer overruns in guile.  However
you have no compile-time checks in guile, either.  A three-edged sword.