VAT

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 15 13:04:07 CDT 2003

"Zeno R.R. Davatz" <zdavatz at ywesee.com> writes:

> > Sounds like what you want is to write a "VAT Report".  Nothing
> > like this actually exists, currently, and the hardest part
> > of writing one would be finding all the VAT accounts.  The
> > rest is just some simple math.

> Yes, that summens it up quite good: A "VAT Report" would be a great
> step. With that VAT-Report I could just make a balance with all
> VAT-Income and all VAT-Expense and give the difference to my
> government.

Yep.  It shouldn't be too hard to write something like this.  Take
a look at some of the existing reports.  You might want to look at
the P&L report, as it's probably the closest to what you want.

> If I could choose witch account is VATable and witch one is not...

Well, it's more a function of choosing which accounts are your VAT
holding accounts, not necessarily "which are VATable"..  But sure.  As
I said, this is going to be the hardest part of writing the report --
figuring out which accounts to include.