State of the GnuCash project: A call for help

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mon Aug 18 03:32:03 CDT 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 19:51, Phil wrote:
> > ---------------------------
> > STATE OF THE GNUCASH PROJECT, A CALL FOR HELP
>
> I'd like to help.  GnuCash is an application that I depend on, and the data
> file is the only file I back up off-site after every change.  So I'd say
> it's important to me, and something I'd keep up on.  Linux in general has
> become a bit of a hobby for me and I'm spending a lot of time learning how
> it all works.  I've got two ML pc's and a third with Mandrake's MNF
> installed.
>
> I also like to keep software uptodate.  I hate it when I have a question
> and the answer is "fixed in a new release, upgrade" but there is no
> mandrake rpm available.  So I got the very (seems to me!) long list of
> packages installed necessary to do 'make' on a second PC in my basement.
> My goal is to create rpms.
>
> I haven't figured out how to do it all yet.  I'm fuzzy on what to do now
> that I've done make.  I thought it'd do everything except install the files
> in the /usr directories, and maybe that's what it did do, I don't know yet
> how to tell.  (If anyone wants to tell me, or point me to some docs, that'd
> be great! :)  I've been following the README file and the mail lists to get
> to this point.)

Some info specific to mandrake rpms can be found here:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/frpmapps.php3

Also, you should steal the rpm spec file from their package on cooker:
ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz/Mandrake-devel/cooker/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS.cooker/gnucash-1.8.4-2mdk.i586.rpm

Good luck,
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/