Install Issues - RH9 - Gnucash 1.8.5 - Guile

Brian Monroe brian at bass-x.net
Sun Aug 24 17:24:32 CDT 2003

I have attempted to install Gnucash using the RPM packages for RH9 and also
from source.  Both times I am tripping up over Guile.

Guile and Guile-dev 1.6.04 are installed.

When running configure - the error message is: Guile is either not installed
or installed incorrectly.  The log shows that Guile works = YES but it cannot
find the version for some reason.

The rpm package installs okay - but when I run gnu cash it crashes with:

/usr/libexec/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: /usr/bin/guile: No such file or
directory
/usr/libexec/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: exec: /usr/bin/guile: cannot
execute: No such file or directory

What do we do next?

[And yes I tried searching the archives but I couldn't find anything that
quite answered my questions]