How do I categorize reimbursements?

Philip J. Mucci pjmucci at lbl.gov
Sun Aug 24 15:18:45 CDT 2003

Hi all,

First off, great product. I'm a happy GnuCash user.

Now for a question I've had for years, i've had the same question with
Quicken, but never got in answered.

How do I categorize 'reimbursements' properly?

For instance, I pay the rent and my roommate gives me a check towards
it. This isn't income, but is it a negative expense credited towards
rent?

The same thing with business travel. I routinely take trips and the
company then sends me a check. Same problem.

I'm sure someone has a quick an easy answer to this. Let me know what it
is.

Regards,

Philip Mucci

P.S. If possible, hit me back on this email as I'm not subscribed.