SuSE Installation

David Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 25 21:01:57 CDT 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:14:41 -0400
Chris Roland <croland at opentothecore.org> wrote:

> I'm using GnuCash 1.8.0 on SuSE 8.2, which I installed through the
> YaST utility.
>
> Compiling from source takes some time ;), I usually revert to using a
> package.  Have you tried packages from rpmfind.net?
>
> - Chris

Hi Chris,

I tried rpmfind.net and didn't find anything, but then I don't have a
broadband connection, anyway. I take it that gnc 1.8.0 is what comes
with SuSE 8.2, is that right? Are you planning to update to gnc 1.8.5?

Mebbe I ought to ask if you think the upgrade is worth it. How hard are
you exercising gnucash?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

--