Downgrading gnucash?

Ryan Claycamp ryanc at gemair.com
Wed Aug 27 20:54:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 12:12:37PM -0500, Jack McKinney wrote:
>     In order to run gnucash-1.8.4, I had to upgrade my system from
> Debian woody to Debian unstable.  Unfortunately, this makes my
> system way too unstable.
>     So, I have reinstalled my machine with Debian woody, which means
> that gnucash is back to 1.6.6.  When I try to open my gnucash file,
> it complains that it is corrupt, presumably because it has 1.8.4
> specific entries in it.
>     Is there a way to convert my 1.8.4 file back to 1.6.6?

I went to apt-get.org and found a site that back-ported GNUCash 1.8.4
to woody.  There were two sites and I included this line in my
sources.list:

# GNUCash
deb http://mirror.raw.no/ gnome2.2/

It is based on gnome2.2 as you can tell, and I had to download quite a
few files.  It might be a better solution than unstable.

Ryan
--
Being an irritant is no badge of honor in itself: A grain of sand in an
oyster is an irritant that produces a pearl. A mosquito on a human is an