Downgrading gnucash?

Andy Fraser andy at FraserPhysics.com
Wed Aug 27 12:43:42 CDT 2003

    Jack>     In order to run gnucash-1.8.4, I had to upgrade my
    Jack> system from Debian woody to Debian unstable.  Unfortunately,
    Jack> this makes my system way too unstable.  So, I have
    Jack> reinstalled my machine with Debian woody, which means that
    Jack> gnucash is back to 1.6.6.

It is possible to run packages from unstable in a mostly woody system.
I am not an expert, but I run mostly testing with some packages from
unstable.  I have the following in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 50

and the following in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free

# So that "apt-get install -t unstable libsane" works
deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

--
Andy Fraser                                      Fraser Physics
andy at FraserPhysics.com                           3030 SW Sherwood Place