Cashflow report amd credit margin question

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 2 12:47:46 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm using the new cashflow report. It works better but it's making me
realise that maybe I'm not entering data correctly. Specifically, at the
start of the year, I entered my credit margin as an opening balance in
Equity. I'm thinking that wasn't the right thing to do. When I run the
report, it puts my opening balance as Money In. It should really be
money out. So I'm pretty sure, it's my fault, if it isn't. In what
account should I enter this?

Also, what is the cash flow report supposed to measure? I'm asking
because by default, it takes into accountmy opening balances as (Equity
| Opening Balance) as Money In, where I don't really think it should be
money In. It's just money that was there. Money In should be money
that's added, no? I'm no accountant so I may be totally out there. My
account isn't totally set up yet. In particular, my mortgage isn't
entered correctly in my accounts. If I enter it, the cashflow report
willsay that I have negative cashflow in the 100,000's won't it? But
that doesn't reflect reality. In reality,  my cashflow is positive but I
have a lot of liabilities. Or something.

If anyone cares to untangle this for me, I'd be real happy!

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval at videotron.ca>

Life is fraught with opportunities to keep your mouth shut.
                                                          -
Tap Into Your Full Potential/Puisez Dans Votre Plein Potentiel
My/Mon Club:          http://www.geocities.com/tmsuroit
My/Mon District:      http://www.toastmastersdistrict61.org
My/Mon Organisation:  http://www.toastmasters.org