Importing QuickBooks Data

Craig Lanning CraigL at Knology.net
Wed Feb 5 10:27:49 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 10:10, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Craig Lanning <CraigL at Knology.net> writes:
>
> > Bummer.
> >
> > Is there any documentation on how the QIF importer works?  I suspect
> > that there would be a lot of overlap between QIF and IIF.  If I can
> > understand how the QIF importer works, then, as a start, I might be able
> > to hack something to put the IIF data into the QIF places.
>
> Documentation?!?   You're kidding, right???

Ah!  The standard "Read the Source, Luke" response.

> I wish I were joking here, but no, there is no documentation.
> Complain to the author, who dropped out of development over a year
> ago. :(
>
> The only documentation is the source itself; most of it is in scheme.

As I look through it, I'll try to make good notes.  Maybe someone can
turn the notes into reasonable documentation.

Reading Scheme should be interesting since I do most of my professional
software development in Common Lisp.  (I'm not sure if this will make it
easier or harder.)

Craig