Importing QuickBooks Data

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 5 10:31:56 CST 2003

Craig Lanning <CraigL at Knology.net> writes:

> As I look through it, I'll try to make good notes.  Maybe someone can
> turn the notes into reasonable documentation.
>
> Reading Scheme should be interesting since I do most of my professional
> software development in Common Lisp.  (I'm not sure if this will make it
> easier or harder.)

I dont know.  I may help.  It may not.  At least you'll understand the
syntax.

Also not that there are TWO qif-importer directories in the source.
There is src/import-export/qif-import and
src/import-export/qif-io-core.  The former is an older implementation,
but the one currently in use.  The latter is a re-write, but has no
GUI.  The fact that it has no GUI is why it's not in use.

If you're going to move forward, I'd recommend you start with the
qif-io-core code.  Indeed, plugging in a GUI should make it usable
and then we can have a consolodated importer UI. :)