Trial Balance Report for 1.8

Chris Bare chris at ariescomputing.com
Wed Feb 5 11:06:56 CST 2003

> Hi,
>
> > Does anyone have a Trial Balance report that would work (or be a
> > starting point) with gnucash 1.8?
> >
> > Other than settings in individual reports, is there any other way to
> > hide accounts with 0 balance?
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want.  Can you please
> describe a "Trial Balance Report"?  In particular, what does it
> show you?  Does the "Balance Sheet" not provide you the information
> you need?
>
> Confused, but trying to help...

Me too :-) I'm just setting up the accounting for my business and the
accountant asked for a trial balance report. It seems to be similar to
the balance sheet, but she wanted a column for debits and credits for
each account. She also did not want to see zero balance accounts.
Something like this:

account               debit       credit
assets
      bank account     $$$
      fixed assets     $$$

Liabilities
      ap                            $$$
      credit card                   $$$

Income
      contracts                     $$$
      maint fee                     $$$

Expense
      office supplies  $$$
      advertizing      $$$

The goal is that the debit and credit column should add up. She acted
like this was a standard report, but I don't know.

It looks like the balance sheet might be a good place for me to start
customizing, but I'm not a scheme programmer, so I find it a little
daunting. Is there anything other than the sample reports I should read?
Is it possible to write reports in C?
--
Chris Bare
chris at ariescomputing.com