1.8.0 - OFX import and Quotes not working

chris slaterson32 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 22:30:16 CST 2003

I installed 1.8.0 tonight and ran into a couple problems immediately.

I have compiled from the tarball:
gnucash-1.8.0
g-wrap-1.3.4
slib
finance-quote (used install Finance::Quote to get all dependencies)
finance-quotehist (used install Finance::Quote to get all dependencies)

The first problem is getting quotes online.  When I get quotes, gnucash
tells me I should run 'update-finance-quote' to make sure I have the
latest.  I run that and it checks the net then comes back and tells me I
am up to date (1.07).  I tried getting quotes again, same message.  It
would seem GnuCash is not finding Finance::Quote.  How can I verify?  Is
a recompilation necessary to fix it?  Does GnuCash look only in a
specific spot for F::Q?

The second problem I have is OFX/QFX import.  I downloaded a 'Quicken
Compatible Statement' from my bank (Bank of America).  This is a QFX
file.  When I import, all GnuCash gives me is an empty transaction
matching (sorry, didn't note the name of the dialog) screen.  If I
proceed, it dumps me back to the main account screen without doing any
imports.  I have a lot of messages in the shell I launched from, all of
the LibOXF/OpenSP errors.  Here is a sample:

LibOFX ERROR: OpenSP parser: quantity (Exceeding a quantity limit)
Error msg: <sp:message sp:id="mid0"
	sp:location="ofx160.dtd"
	sp:line="3058"
	sp:column="5"
	sp:severity="Q"

grand total of content tokens exceeds GRPGTCNT (96)
</sp:message>

(this is repeated for several lines)

LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
SIGNONMSGSRSV1
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
SONRS
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element STATUS
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate FI
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element FI
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element SONRS
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element SIGNONMSGSRSV1
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
BANKMSGSRSV1
LibOFX WARNING: startElement: The OpenSP <= 1.3.4 endElement bug
workaround was used: Encountered BANKMSGSRSV1, generating endElement for
FID(Data: ).  Upgrade your OpenSP, your data is NOT garanteed to be
correct.
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
STMTTRNRS
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element STATUS
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element BANKACCTFROM
LibOFX ERROR: MainContainer is NULL trying to add element STMTTRN

I am using openjade-1.3.2 and opensp-1.5.

I am a bit confused as about how to go about fixing me problems.  Is
this a problem with the statement my bank is providing?  Is it a problem
with the way I have compiled and installed opensp, libofx, gnucash, or
any of the dependencies.

More info on my system:
gcc-3.2
glibc-2.2.5