status of accounting periods support

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 6 16:47:17 CST 2003

The real solution is to complete the implementation of Periods.  In
the meantime, the only thing to do is to create separate files and
hand-edit the opening/closing transactions.

If you handle periods via separate files, then you can use Dec 31 as
your _opening_ date and Jan 1 as your _closing_ date, and everything
"just works" (assuming calandar year Periods).  Considering all the
reports assume "year to date", this works fine :)

If your periods are not calendar years, you've got MANY OTHER problems
trying to use GnuCash....

-derek