Finance::Quote

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Sun Feb 9 13:38:32 CST 2003

Hello Folks,

With reference to my previous message on this subject:

I backed out of cpan and restarted it again with the command perl -MCPAN
-e shell and then did install Finance::Quote.
This time it went through as before and finished up with the same error:

cannot gzopen y/sources/authors/id/P/PJ/PJF/Finance-Quote-1.07.tar.gz
No such file or directory.

When I checked my system this time there was indeed such a file.

The interesting thing is that it said the checksum for the file
y/sources/authors/id/P/PJ/PJF/Finance-Quote-1.07.tar.gz was OK.

Why then the final error 'cannot gzopen
y/sources/authors/id/P/PJ/PJF/Finance-Quote-1.07.tar.gz  No such file or
directory.

It managed to find it to check the checksum OK

Anyone have any ideas???

--

Kind regards,

Graeme.

"Your arguments are very well and are theoretically sound, but if ever
payment of members comes into force, it will result in Parliament being
flooded with men of mediocre ability and may eventually open the doors
to a regime of terrorism and corruption."

Sir Henry Parkes in reply to Jacob Garrard, member for Balmain, on the
subject of payment to members of Parliament. 1880.