CPAN, Finance quote.

Arun Natarajan anatara1 at gmu.edu
Sun Feb 9 11:39:29 CST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to install gnucash on RH 8.0. I figured out the other
dependencies and now am stuck with just these two:
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl(CPAN) is needed by gnucash-1.8.0-1.RH8.0
        perl(Finance::Quote) is needed by gnucash-1.8.0-1.RH8.0

I figured from the archives that Finance is not needed, but there seems
to be no discussion on CPAN.. can someone help me ? I did hit the cpan
site, but am not sure what i am looking for there? Is there a file (rpm
package) that i shud download and install ?

Also, just to be safe I got the gzip file for FInance
(Finance-Quote-1.07.tar.gz)
I know i have to tar -xvfz the file to somelocation, but am not sure
where to and what i am supposed to do with it later.

I am a recent convert from windows and trying to learn things..:).

Regards,
Arun N