Report Nodes [WAS: Re: Budgeting?]

Res Voellmy res at vis.ethz.ch
Sun Feb 9 18:30:29 CST 2003

On 9 Feb 2003, Conrad Canterford wrote:

[...]
> <helpful explanation snipped>
>
> I've been irritated by this too. There IS a checkbox that says "Include
> all sub-accounts" (Or words to that effect) and/or a dropdown box that
> says "Include sub-accounts to level ..." in the options which will do
> what you want, but I agree its very unintuitive.
> However, I think the dual-node thing is not the right solution. We need
> some way of expressing this in the gui without making it confusing. My
> thought would be to highlight the account on a single click, and flag it
> with something else on a double click (the double click of course
> meaning "this account and all sub-accounts").

If this is already beeing discussed, can someone tell me, if there is a
possibility to select specific sub-nodes to be shown. I have different
kind of accounts, some I'd like to see the sub-nodes in the report, with
others they are just to make the booking more easy and shouldn't be
in the reports.

As I saw it up to now, one can only either select all down to the
x-th level or none.

I'm using version 1.6.6 at the moment.

thanks
res