Budgeting?

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 19:44:19 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 19:03, Derek Atkins wrote:
> The Doctor What <list.gnucash at docwhat.gerf.org> writes:
> >
> > I may think of alternatives later.  This has been something that has
> > irked me about the 'tree' widget for a lot of software.
>
> If you think of more, please send them -- or send them to
> gnucash-devel...  Or even file an RFE at bugzilla.gnome.org.

A better idea may be to implement a "select/deselect all child nodes"
button, where you select Expenses, click the button, and only Expenses
is selected (in the Expenses tree).  You can have "Select sub-accounts"
checked, select Assets and Expenses (and all their children).  Place the
highlight on Expenses, and click  "(De)Select child nodes".  That would
provide the desired behavior, I believe.

If that's a good idea, anyone want to implement it? ;)

--
Matthew Vanecek