Budgeting?

Robert C. Ramsdell III rcriii at ramsdells.net
Tue Feb 11 14:29:58 CST 2003

You want to make a distinction between the parent account, and the
parent+child accounts.  To me such a distinction is meaningless, as I follow
a simple rule that parent accounts never carry balances.  At most they are
'clearinghouse' accounts, in which credits _always_ have corresponding
debits.

Thus to me the 'balance' in a parent account always represents the sum of
the balances in the child accounts.

Robert