libgal on RedHat

Dwayne Miller dmiller at espgroup.net
Tue Feb 18 19:36:39 CST 2003

I'm running RedHat 7.2 and trying to install Gnucash 1.8.1.

It tells me that libgal.so.19 is required.  So I downloaded the gal
package from RedHat and tried to install it.  It tells me it is already
installed.  I try to erase it, it tells me that it is not installed.  A
'locate libgal' returns with

/usr/lib/libgal.so.7
/usr/lib/libgal.so.7.0.0
/usr/lib/libgal.a
/usr/lib/libgal.la
/usr/lib/libgal.so

I'm beating my head against the wall trying to install the latest
Gnucash and am just not Linux savvy enough to pull it off.  Can anyone
give me any assistance?

I use

rpm -ivh gal-0.19.2-4.i386.rpm  to install

and

rpm -ev gal-0.19.2-4.i386.rpm to uninstall.

Tks,
Dwayne