gnucash-1.8.1; Euro sign and german texts/menus don't work

Burkard Meyendriesch bm at Malepartus.de
Fri Feb 14 21:39:31 CST 2003

On 14 Feb 2003 15:23:38 -0500 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 15:16, Burkard Meyendriesch wrote:
> >
> > Okay, thanks a lot! The bug with the international menus and
> > messages is fixed in gnucash-1.8.1_1. Everything works fine
> > except this damned Euro char @#!
>
> Not sure.  I can definitely print a euro char in a gnucash text field.
>
> My German is, well, non-existent, so it's tough to navigate around the
> fields, but it looks like the euro char might not be used.  Have you
> verified that the FreeBSD port is, in fact, different from the same
> app running on Linux?
>
> Joe

Hmm, input and echo of the Euro char works fine in the account input..
It does not work in the reports where the same key input (AltGr + E)
is echoed as this funny circle with four dots around it. I think it's
a matter of different char sets. Do you have any idea how to force
gnucash to use only char sets from the 8859-15 family?

Burkard

--
Burkard Meyendriesch
Stevern 2