gnucash-1.8.1; Euro sign and german texts/menus don't work

Sat Feb 15 11:18:57 CST 2003

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Sorry, I do not.  A funny circle with four dots around it might be just
> a bad font's rendering of the euro.  I use Lucidatypewriter in my Evo
> compose window (¤), and the preceding euro looks find to me.  You may
> try playing with fonts.

The funny circle is the international currency symbol (at least I was
told it is). Some fonts don't have the Euro symbol (which replaces the
circle if I remember correctly). So you may first try to determine if
the font which is used where you see the circle actually has the Euro
symbol.

Bye,
Alexander.