Reports and splits - not compatible

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Sat Feb 22 15:50:25 CST 2003

* Derek Atkins (warlord at MIT.EDU) wrote:
> Cam Ellison <cam at ellisonet.ca> writes:
>
> > We have income from three sources, and at times make deposits that
> > combine two of them.  As it happens, one is from a revenue-producing
> > strata property, and so there are deductions for fees.  All this is
> > done in a split.
>
> I presume you mean "all this is done in a single transaction".
> A balanced transaction always has at least two splits.

Yes -- I meant "split transaction"; brain getting ahead of fingers,
there.  In fact there are 4, and sometimes 5, splits in that
transaction: 2 or 3 debits, and 2 credits.

<snip>
> > This looks like a bug to me, but before I file it as such, I thought
> > I'd check and make certain that I'm not doing something wrong.
>
> Nope, not a bug.

I think I was unclear.  The problem is that the second credit does not
appear in the report designed to display all transactions in that
account.  The first credit and the debits all appear in the report
appropriate to them. I have actually set the debit and the first
credit accounts as filter accounts, with no success.

I'd say that if this is a feature, it's rather un-useful.  If there is
something about how I'm setting the report up, I would like to know
it.  If the application really only allows reporting of one credit,
then I suggest it's a bug.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.