Reports and splits - not compatible

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 23 19:38:02 CST 2003

Cam Ellison <cam at ellisonet.ca> writes:

> > I presume you mean "all this is done in a single transaction".
> > A balanced transaction always has at least two splits.
> >
> Yes -- I meant "split transaction"; brain getting ahead of fingers,
> there.  In fact there are 4, and sometimes 5, splits in that
> transaction: 2 or 3 debits, and 2 credits.

Uh, may I ask why you have 2 credits in one transaction?  There is
nothing particular WRONG with it, but generally you have one credit
and a lot of debits, or one debit and a lot of credits.

> <snip>
> > > This looks like a bug to me, but before I file it as such, I thought
> > > I'd check and make certain that I'm not doing something wrong.
> >
> > Nope, not a bug.
>
> I think I was unclear.  The problem is that the second credit does not
> appear in the report designed to display all transactions in that
> account.  The first credit and the debits all appear in the report
> appropriate to them. I have actually set the debit and the first
> credit accounts as filter accounts, with no success.

Ahh, sorry, I did misunderstand you.  Yes, this does sound like a
problem.

> I'd say that if this is a feature, it's rather un-useful.  If there is
> something about how I'm setting the report up, I would like to know
> it.  If the application really only allows reporting of one credit,
> then I suggest it's a bug.

Agreed.  Can you file a bug report on this?  Useful information to
supply would be your example transaction and your report setup.  Or
if you're willing, you could just attach your complete data file
and give the step-by-step instructions to show the bug...

> Cam

-derek