Moneydance import

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 23 18:33:22 CST 2003

Hi,

Please be sure to CC gnucash-user on all your replies...

Massis Sirapian <msirapian at free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How can I do that ? Moneydance only exports the whole account.

QIF is a text-format file.  Bring up the QIF format in your favorite
editor.

> And since I don't know the QIF format, I don't know how to cut off the
> qif file.

QIF is fairly simple.  Just bring it into your editor and you'll see
what I mean.  You'll figure out the import parts in about 30 seconds
(namely, "^" is the end-of-record mark).

> My export file is 80 kb long, so I suppose it's too long to be attached,
> isn't it ?

I have neither the time nor patience to weed through an 80k QIF file.
Spend the time and weed it down to one or two transactions that fail
and then I can look at it.  Looking through 80k might take me hours,
but GnuCash is a spare-time project which I work on when I'm not
consulting.  So, if you can work on figuring out which transactions
are problematic, then I can work on the gnucash importer.  Unless of
course you'd like to pay me my consulting rate to do that weeding work
for you? ;)

> Thanks,
>
> Massis

-derek