Reports and splits - not compatible

Craig Lanning CraigL at Knology.net
Mon Feb 24 20:27:44 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 19:33, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 20:11, David Hampton wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 16:38, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Uh, may I ask why you have 2 credits in one transaction?  There is
> > > nothing particular WRONG with it, but generally you have one credit
> > > and a lot of debits, or one debit and a lot of credits.
> >
> > As an example, my paycheck has two credits: salary (taxable) and money
> > to cover things like medical and vision plans (non-taxable).  I want to
> > track these separately so that my gnucash accounts match up with my W2
> > at the end of the year.  Debits go to my bank account, and to a dozen
> > other accounts to track things (taxes, insurance, etc) that are paid as
> > part of my paycheck.
> >
> > David
> >

> On *my* paycheck, medical and dental and vision and life insurance,
> etc., are all deductions.  Pre-tax deductions, to be sure, but
> deductions nonetheless.

Just so that you know that other people have multiple income sources in
a single check, the company I work for chose to show their part of my
health benefits as an additional income item.  Therefore, my paycheck
shows an amount for gross pay and a separate amount for benefits
allowance.  I then have the usual deductions for medical, dental, etc.

Craig