does gnucash really install?!?!!?!

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 07:49:20 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 00:18, Jake Knobloch wrote:
> hmm, it's confirmed:
> root at housebox:/usr/local/lib# nm -D /usr/lib/libqthreads.so | grep qt_error
> 00000000000008a8 T qt_error
>
> So why can't gnucash find it?  Still getting:
> ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "/usr/lib/libguile.so.9: undefined symbol:
> qt_error"

Did you recompile guile?  If you recompiled guile, then you also need to
recompile g-wrap, and then gnucash. g-wrap and gnucash are pretty
heavily dependent on guile.  If you start switching in different
versions of guile, then you also need to make sure you have compatible
versions of g-wrap and gnucash (i.e., that they are compiled against
your new version of guile).

One of the unfortunate side effects of relying on an obscure language
such as Scheme.... =P
--
Matthew Vanecek