OFX Import not working with 1.8.1

Brad Gibson bradg at currentthinking.com
Mon Feb 24 18:32:58 CST 2003

I am an incredibly new Linux user and really hoping to kick Quicken off my
desktop, so please be patient.

Using RH8 I have successfully installed the gnucash RPM, but I noticed the
OFX import function was not installed. After doing some reading I got ofxlib
and related dependencies installed, installed the gnucash-ofx RPM and then
tried running gnucash from a command line. I get the following error:

**WARNING**: Failed to dlopen() '/usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.la': file
not found

When I check that directory the file is there. BTW gnucash opens and runs
just fine, but there is no file import OFX option.

Thanks in advance

Brad Gibson