Transfer between Accounts with different Currencies

FBO fbo2 at gmx.net
Sun Feb 23 07:07:40 CST 2003

Hi Gnucash-Fans,

first: I hope this address is correct. I found it at

 http://www.gnucash.org/maillist.php3

and clicking on "gnucash-user at gnucash.org" sent me to
www.gnumatic.com that seemed to be hijacked by a
domain grabber :-( .

This is my Problem:

I've got 2 Accounts, one's Currency is German Mark (DEM), the other's is
Euro (EUR). I'll name the accounts according to their currencies.

I want to transfer 100 DEM from "EUR" to "DEM", a Dialog "Transfer Funds"
opens, showing this:

 <X> Exchange Rate:   1,95583
 < > To Amount:

    1 DEM = 1,95583
    1 EUR = 0,511292

These values are correct. I Click "OK", gnucash adds a line in my
"DEM"-Register, showing +100. But the line added to the "EUR"-Register shows
-195,58.

When I add another transaction of 100 DEM leaving the "Transfer Funds"
dialog as follows (*wrong* values):

 <X> Exchange Rate: 0,511292
 < > To Amount:

    1 DEM = 0,511292
    1 EUR = 1,95583

it seems to work ("DEM": +100,00 ; "EUR": -51,13).

Can someone tell me, how to fix this or is it a bug?

Thank you.

Special thanks to all Gnucash-Developers :-)

Regards,

FBO